Term of the Moment


Look Up Another Term

Redirected from: key cap puller

Definition: key cap

The replaceable, top part of a keyboard key. The key cap is pressed onto the keyboard switch, which is the mechanical part that moves down and springs back up. To extract a key cap, a "puller" is used to grab underneath and extract it.

Swapping Caps Lock and Ctrl
On most PC keyboards, the Caps Lock key is very easy to reach for a touch typist, but the Ctrl key is in an awkward location. This Avant Stellar keyboard comes with extra key caps and a "puller" so the key caps can be swapped. Using software or the keyboard, the keys are then reprogrammed. See Control key.