Term of the Moment

glue logic

Look Up Another Term

Definition: MSW Find & replace

To locate a word or phrase in a Word document, use Edit/Find. Enter the word or phrase into the Find what: field and select Find Next.

To replace a word or phrase, select the Replace tab and enter the text to be found and the text to be replaced. Select Replace for one instance at a time or Replace All to change all at once.

Where to Search
Find and Find and Replace can be applied to an entire document or to just a portion of it. That choice is made from the Search drop-down menu, which is viewed on the left side of the dialog box about half way down. If this option is not shown, click the More button to display the bottom half of the dialog with more options.

Search Direction
If this feature is not visible, click the More button on the Find & Replace dialog box to make the options visible.