Tech Term of the Day
LOOK UP ANOTHER TERM
(1) In communications, a connecting point on a line. For example, a wire tap is where a recording device is wired and attached to a telephone line. See transceiver and bridged tap.
(2) To lightly touch a touch-sensitive screen. See double tap for more details.
(3) To press a key on a keypad.
(4) (Amazon TAP) See Amazon Echo.
(5) (TAP) (Telocator Alphanumeric Protocol) A paging protocol used to transmit up to a thousand 7-bit characters to an alphanumeric pager. Developed in the early 1980s by the Telocator Paging Association, which later became the Personal Communications Industry Association (PCIA), TAP was also known as IXO and PET. TAP is widely used in the U.S. and throughout Europe.
Before/After Your Search Term
|tandem/toll switch||tape automated bonding|
|Tango 2000||tape cartridge|
|tantalum capacitor||tape library|
Terms By Topic
Click any of the following categories for a list of fundamental terms.